Comfort Dental Becomes the Largest Dental Franchise In America
• Comfort Dental's core mission is to expand access to quality dental care by making it affordable and convenient.
• Comfort Dental has over 100 offices and 300 partner dentists in
10 states, and over 3 million patients. in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas and Washington. Comfort Dental is the largest true
dental franchise in America. Each office is independently owned by dentists.
• The company attributes its growth to a low price strategy and other offerings targeted to a broad consumer base.
Based on UCR fees, Comfort Dental’s fees are 40% to 50% less with the Gold Plan when compared to other dentists. Without the Gold Plan, we’re about 25%-30% less.
New patients are $19, includes exam and x-rays.
Braces for kids are $129 per month; adults are $139 per month with the Gold Plan.
Comfort Dental also offers oral cancer screenings for $10.
• Comfort Dental is one of the largest Medicaid providers in Colorado. As a stark comparison to the dental industry, a study by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services concluded that dentists’ participation in Medicaid lags far behind other medical professionals.
• Comfort Dental improves access by having extended regular office hours including Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Saturdays 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., plus 24-hour emergency access. (Most dentists close earlier in the day, and most dentists do not offer 24-hour emergency care).
• Comfort Dental also supports numerous philanthropic efforts. Most notably, Comfort Dental Care Day, on every Christmas Eve Day, provides free dental care to those in need. Since Care Day’s beginnings in 1984, Comfort Dental has given away over $15 million in dental services, seeing thousands of patients every year.
• Dental health care is key to good general health, however over 108 million Americans, or 25% of the U.S. population is without dental insurance. In Colorado, a basic dental cleaning costs $50 to $120. For a family of four, annual dental care may exceed $1,000, which can be cost prohibitive for some families.
• Dr. Rick Kushner, D.D.S., founded Comfort Dental, Inc. in 1977 and pioneered the concept of “fair pricing in dentistry” by making the company’s mission to offer affordable, high-quality services to everyone. Dr. Kushner was recently awarded the prestigious School of Dentistry Outstanding Dental Service Award for outstanding public service from the Marquette University Alumni Association. He is a 1977 Marquette alumnus.
Comfort Dental is a privately held company based out of Colorado.